From:
Holly Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Holly Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2021 16:20:30 -0500
https://academic.oup.com/milmed/advance-article/doi/10.1093/milmed/usaa548/6040078#.X_iNwcUPV30.gmail

This article was from December. "...we suggest fomite spread may not
be a significant means of transmission for severe acute respiratory
syndrome coronavirus 2 in real-world operational scenarios."

It's ok to be careful. We should be. But it doesn't make sense to keep
doing things that do not need to be done. Like the excessive cleaning.
Dr. Howard Jones from Northern Light was part of a webinar yesterday
and he stated that much of the constant cleaning and deep cleaning of
places was "only important for public optics." So we make folks feel
better but it doesn't really do anything.

I understand about making folks feel better, but if we're about
finding facts and not fake news, then we should walk the walk.

My 2 cents.

Holly Williams
Library Director
Pittsfield Public Library