Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2020 12:08:10 -0400
Sender:
From:
Albert Church Brown Memorial Library <[log in to unmask]>
I’m the librarian in China Village. We have many books on the shelves that
are very old that are mixed in with the newer. We do have many antique
books in the stacks. But some of these older ones that are still shelved
are of value. We do take into consideration how recent the books have been
checked out when weeding, but there are many popular authors and classics
that remain out.
What are your policies for shelf life?
How recent do you keep books in the shelves? 20, 30, 40+ Do you ever allow
valuable books to be checked out/read inside the library/not at all?
Do you ever sell the antique books and replace them with a newer version?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Carla Gade
Albert Church Memorial Library

--