Falmouth Memorial Library is seeking a full-time Administrative Coordinator to work in the business office of the library. The Administrative Coordinator handles accounts payable/receivable, payroll processing, and orders supplies, among other responsibilities. This position requires the ability to juggle multiple varied tasks, while staying organized with a keen attention to detail and accuracy. Working in a small library requires pitching in on a variety of tasks, and an ability to work effectively with all employees, and be courteous and friendly with patrons. We're looking for a self-starter with great communication skills to join our team in this essential community resource.
This position is full-time 40 hours per week, with a 1-hour paid daily lunch. Pay starts at $18/hour (depending on experience), and includes excellent benefits - 15 paid holidays, 12 sick days, 2-week vacation (increases to 3 weeks after one year of employment), 100% employer paid health insurance premiums for individuals, and retirement benefits via MEPERS, as well as offering a 401(k) with up to a 4% employer match on employee contributions. Part-time hours may be considered for a highly experienced candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Library is looking for a reliable administration staff member to provide comprehensive and confidential office support to the Library. Duties are varied, but a typical work day would include:
* Accounts payable and receivable data entry, processing donations and invoices, making payments and deposits as authorized by the Director, while also coordinating monthly with our external accountant;
* Bi-weekly payroll processing, in coordination with Director and external payroll vendor;
* Filing, correspondence, and scheduling meetings or appointments;
* Liaison with management on all facilities, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and maintenance related issues to ensure appropriate follow-up for services;
* Vendor management and procurement of all building supplies, coordinating budget of expenses and inventory control;
* Oversight of external professional daily cleaning service;
* General human resources clerical work, including processing new employment paperwork;
* Run errands for library business; and
* Perform other duties as needed.
* Demonstrated ability to use and troubleshoot general office equipment
* Excellent organizational and time-management skills and ability to multi-task
* Proficiency in Office 365 and Microsoft Office products is required
* Familiarity with Quickbooks accounting software is desired but not required
* Familiarity with Little Green Light donation management software is desired but not required
* At least 3 years clerical or administrative experience in an office setting is required
Internal job growth is possible with successful completion of more advanced software training, and demonstrated expertise in assigned financial tasks. To apply, send resume and cover letter to Library Director, Jenna Mayotte, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed as received, until position is filled.