From:
Dana Chevalier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dana Chevalier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2022 15:05:12 -0500
Hello Hive-mind,

Before I do a deep-dive researching this topic, I thought it likely that
you may already have the answers. We are a two person operation, and have
not done virtual programming until now, but we are finally dipping our toes
in the water. I know that copyright restrictions were relaxed during the
early phases of Covid-19 in order to allow for virtual story-times and
other online programs that would show the books & illustrations
prominently. We are working on a multi-part literary video series. Each
"episode" will focus on a particular book or genre, and we'd like to be
able to show the featured books and illustrations in these videos,
specifically children's book and graphic novel illustrations. Is this
permissible currently in a general way without seeking formal permission
for each featured work? Is it on a case-by-case basis? From certain
publishers and not others? Any tips, tricks, or pitfalls I should know
about up front? Thanks so much!

Dana

Dana Chevalier
Librarian