From:
Cathrina Skov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathrina Skov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2022 15:26:00 -0500
Hi Pam,

So glad you asked this question because I struggle with it myself. I'm always tempted to write "Library" because the smaller case "library" just doesn't feel right. I've had people tell me that upper-case "Library" is all right because I'm referring to a specific library.  I think in a legal document this would be the case.

However, despite my sentiments, the lower-case "library" is correct. If it were the Soldiers Memorial School, you wouldn't refer to it as "School."

I'd be interested in what the consensus is.

Best regards,
Cathrina Skov
Waldoboro Public Library