Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 19:31:31 +0000
Sender: Maine Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From: Lee Edward Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Hello library friends,

I'm looking for some book suggestions. I have a patron who likes to read but is sensitive to upsetting content. It is difficult for her to get to the library to browse, so she calls and asks us to find a handful of books at a time. She likes books that involve relationships, especially family, and where not too much happens. We've found that even the mildest of narratives often contain some sort of divorce, addiction, death, or negative situation, so it can be a challenge to find a winner. She has really enjoyed Elizabeth Berg novels and Jenny Colgan's "The Little Beach Street Bakery."  Any other leads would be much appreciated!

-Lee

Lee Shaw
Library Director
South Berwick Public Library