Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2021 13:59:56 -0400
I didn't hit "Reply All":

Required for staff, "strongly encouraged" for patrons. We needed a break
from butting heads with a minuscule but vocal contingent. If the county
remains in "substantial" for two straight weeks, we will revisit it.
Considerations: 75% or more of our public are voluntarily wearing them,
York county has an 80% vaccination rate; Sanford is about 81%, but I am
still uneasy. The increased severity of cases in children is very
concerning particularly with the school year beginning, they are at the
mercy of caregivers to mask.

But, with voluntary masking as significant as it is, it's voluntary for
patrons today (we'll see how it goes for Monday). Fall and Winter will
likely be back to required for everyone, if this variant doesn't just
spread like wildfire and burn itself out...a terrifying thought.

Chip