Andy Ryer <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jul 2021 13:07:40 -0400
Hello. This email is to alert you to the next program in Thomas Memorial
Library's ongoing virtual Maine Wildlife series, which will be taking place
tonight, *Tuesday, July 27th at 6:30pm. *Join us for *Bats: Friends in the
Night Sky!*

*Who is the only flying mammal that uses sonar technology similar to a
submarine, eats hundreds mosquitoes in one hour, and whose cousins help to
plant and pollinate the Tropical Rainforest? Maine’s big brown bat! Join
Thomas Memorial Library and Center for Wildlife via Zoom to learn about one
of our most mysterious and misunderstood wild neighbors, the big brown bat.
Discover their natural history, importance to the ecosystem and planet,
current challenges that they face, and tangible actions that we can take to
protect these allies in the night.*

This event is free and open to all. Registration is required so that we can
send you a Zoom link to join. You can register here:
https://www.thomasmemoriallibrary.org/maine-wildlife-series/.

We encourage you to sign up for this program and to please help us spread
the word about it to anyone you know who may be interested (regardless of
where in the world they are located). Thanks for your help with this and we
hope to see you tonight. Stay safe, be well and have a wonderful day.

--Andy Ryer

--
Andrew J. Ryer
Community Engagement Manager