From:
Avery Olmstead <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avery Olmstead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2015 19:44:13 -0500
Hi All,

I'm sending this email on behalf of a colleague, Keith Ludden...

All the Best,
Avery Olmstead / MLIS '08
Old Town, ME

------------------------------
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ADA At 25 exhibit materials
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 17:04:48 -0500
To: [log in to unmask]

*I would like to make Maine libraries aware of an exhibit marking the 25th
anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act, signed in July, 1990,
by President George H. W. Bush.  The exhibit, funded by the Maine
Humanities Council and the Maine Arts Commission, and developed by Oral
History and Folklife Research, is comprised of 10-12 11x14 portraits in
16x20 frames, with quotes and bios from the interviewees. It is currently
being displayed at the Holocaust and Human Rights Center in Augusta,and
will be available after March. OHFR interviewed 12 individuals who were
involved in, or impacted by the disability rights movement. The interviews
provided material for a series of 5-9 minute audio portraits focusing on
the individuals.  The audio portraits can be accessed via QR codes, or you
may visit the virtual exhibit at:  *

*http://www.oralhistoryandfolklife.org/Oral_History_and_Folklife_Research,_Inc/The_ADA_At_25/The_ADA_At_25.html
<http://www.oralhistoryandfolklife.org/Oral_History_and_Folklife_Research%2c_Inc/The_ADA_At_25/The_ADA_At_25.html>*

*Please let me know if you are interested in displaying the exhibit. *

*I look forward to hearing from you. *

*Sincerely, *

Keith Ludden, M.A., Intercultural and Folk Studies

Oral History and Folklife Reseearch
www.oralhistoryandfolklife.org

Oral History and Folklife Research is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to
preserving, through sound, image and performance, the stories, voices, and
cultural traditions of Maine and beyond.