From:
Lizz Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lizz Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2021 03:10:52 +0000
You organize many book groups- we invite you to have the fun of taking part in one as a participant!
The Maine Humanities Council is excited to partner with Anisa Khadraoui to host a Fall Discussion Project with Engaging & Dynamic Discussions of two riveting novels. First, we will consider the significant influence history can have on a person's decisions, desires and expectations in the novel, The Vanishing Half. Then we’ll find out why everyone is talking about Octavia Butler right now by reading her acclaimed novel, Wild Seed. All readings are provided & there is no charge to join! [Space is limited]

When? Wednesdays, Oct. 27 / Nov. 17/ Dec. 1 [5:30-7 PM; we hope you will be able to come to all three sessions]
Contact/Registration/Further Info:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [please type “Fall Deep Dive” in the subject line]

 Ps- If you needed any more reason to join, by reading Wild Seed you will be ready to enjoy MHC’s 2022 Readers’ Retreat, MHC’s annual deep dive into a great novel. Readers Retreat 2022 will bring folks from across the state together with scholars of Octavia Butler’s work for engaging discussion, fun activities, and so much more as MHC focuses on Wild Seed and Afrofuturism this spring!

Lizz Sinclair (she/her)
Program Coordinator
Grants & Partnerships
Maine Humanities Council<https://mainehumanities.org/>
674 Brighton Ave. | Portland, ME | (207) 773-5051
- Home of the Harriet P. Henry Center for the Book –