Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2021 13:17:37 -0400
Sender:
From:
Kim McLaughlin <[log in to unmask]>
Libby Library is happy to invite you to our World of Whales virtual program
presented by Marine Mammals of Maine at 6:00 PM. Please feel free to share
this with your staff and patrons.

The World of Whales

Whales play a vital role in the ocean ecosystem that helps to support all
life on Earth. Join Marine Mammals of Maine (MMoME) as we dive deep into
the world of whales. We will start with a basic overview of what species
have been spotted in the Gulf of Maine (the common and the uncommon). We
will also investigate the adaptations that these large mammals have in
order to survive in their ocean home. This program will also focus on
cetacean stranding response here in Maine, and highlight a few of MMoME’s
most fascinating cases. What challenges do these animals face, and what
challenges does MMoME encounter when a report of a stranded cetacean comes
through their hotline?

https://networkmaine.zoom.us/j/85429718548

Meeting ID: 854 2971 8548