Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:21:06 -0400
Interlibrary Loan Supervisor (Senior Library Technical Assistant)
Portland Public Library, Maineís largest public library, is seeking a
flexible, forward-looking and collaborative paraprofessional with strong
technical and managerial skills to oversee Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services
to patrons, district libraries, and libraries worldwide. This position
supervises a complex schedule of part- and full-time employees who perform
varied tasks. The volume of activity of ILL services is very high and has
been steadily increasing. As such, this position contributes to the dynamic
growth of the Library and requires the ability to think on the systems
level while maintaining very close attention to detail.
Principal responsibilities include:
1. Organizes and maintains efficient departmental workflow.
2. Supervises and trains ILL staff in departmental procedures and computer
systems, including OCLC FirstSearch, Millennium, and Clio.
3. Explains and interprets ILL policies and procedures to area librarians
and PPL patrons and staff.
4. Coordinates the implementation of Maine Infonet procedures both
internally at Portland Public Library (PPL) and externally with other
libraries in the Maine Infonet system; coordinates the activities of
WorldCat as it relates to ILL Services.
5. Coordinates maintenance and updating of all ILL technology and office
equipment, and online presence.
6. Manages the coordination of PPLís participation in the statewide
7. Is responsible for PPLís ARRC services by receiving, interpreting and
referring requests from libraries in the Southern Maine Library District.
8. Manages accounts payable and receivables for all ILL transactions.
9. Seeks opportunities for professional development.
10. Participates in special projects, tasks, and other duties as assigned.
11. Participates in maintaining a safe and welcoming environment for fellow
staff and library users.
This position requires strong supervisory skills; a high level of ability
to adjust to change, use technology efficiently, learn new tools quickly,
and function well in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions;
excellent customer service skills with a wide and diverse customer
with a variety of ILL tools and processes; and a baccalaureate degree from
an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge and experience.
This position requires significant time at a computer terminal each day and
is called upon to lift boxes weighing up to 25 lbs.
This is a 37.5 hour position with excellent benefits in a supportive and
collegial work environment. Annual pay range is mid $30ís to $40ís.
Interested applicants, please send cover letter and resume to
[log in to unmask]<https://webmail.portland.lib.me.us/owa/redir.aspx?C=19e5f02e1f9841129299d99a4db9c8d1&URL=mailto%3ahr%40portland.lib.me.us>