From:
jason fenimore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jason fenimore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:18:19 -0500
This is a sad thing.

Jason Fenimore
Reference Librarian
Louis B. Goodall Memorial Library
952 Main St.
Sanford, ME  04073

-----Original Message-----
From: Maine Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Lorraine McQuarrie
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MELIBS-L] Bangor Seminary library closing

The Bangor Seminary libraries will be closing as of June 30th, leaving a
collection of about 40,000 volumes looking for new homes. We are talking
with a few places interested in taking parts of the collection, but I have
been asked by our transition team to check with the Maine library community
at large to see if there are any other locations who would like to be
considered. Our collection, of course, leans heavily on the theological and
biblical, but it is not limited to those alone. Other areas include (but are
not limited to) world religions, spirituality, peace and justice. We
recently have added several hundred volumes from the collection of our
Ethics professor, Dr. Marvin Ellison.

Check us out in the Minerva online catalog:
http://minerva.maine.edu/search~S47

Please let me know if there are any titles you'd like to have. We're keeping
a list of requests and hopefully will have a decision on the final outcome
of the collection (or the individual titles therein) within a few months.

Thanks,
Laurie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Laurie Blake McQuarrie*

Director of Library and Information Services

Bangor Theological Seminary

159 State Street

Portland  ME  04101

E-mail: *[log in to unmask]*

Tel: (207)774-5212 x 203

       (207)942-6781 x 203

Fax: (207)874-2214

*
*

--

Confidentiality Notice: This email and any attachments is intended only for
the person or persons to whom it is addressed in the text above and may

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail and attachments
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
Bangor Theological Seminary