From:
Darcy Coffta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darcy Coffta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2018 09:29:11 -0400
Dear Maine Library Community,

Happy spring and hope this note finds you well~

I am writing because I am seeking panelists for our Innovation Celebration,
at Berwick Academy (South Berwick) on May 21st at 6:30pm.  Are you
interested in serving as a panelists or do you know someone that might
be?  This
is a great opportunity to showcase many Berwick talents and introduce you
or your colleagues to our community.

The Innovation Pursuit program started in 2009 as a way for students to
explore a topic on anything of personal interest.  A framework was
constructed that includes many 21st century learning skills and now offers
students the opportunity to intern, job shadow, and write grants for
financial support.  Our program was awarded a Follett Challenge grant in
2013 and has since received national recognition.  One of the greatest
impacts for our students has been on the college application process and we
are excited to have you see what has been happening with Berwick Innovation
this year!

Panelists use a provided rubric that is used to offer constructive feedback
on the presentation.  No grade is assigned.  This year we have almost 50
projects that range from electronic music composition to app development to
molecular gastronomy, so we like to pull in panelists with varied
backgrounds and levels of experience.

In the past, panelists have come from such areas as outside business and
industry, civic organizations, schools, libraries, etc.  This year's
Innovation Celebration will feature a keynote address from Leslie
Morissette, founder of Grahamtastic Connection
<https://www.grahamtastic.org/>.  Leslie’s organization has been recognized
both regionally and nationally.  Last year, she was named a Top 10 CNN Hero
and this year, Leslie has had the opportunity to assist two Berwick
families.

Here is some information on our Innovation Pursuit program
<https://www.berwickacademy.org/page/bic/innovation-pursuit-program>
and Innovation
Celebration.
<https://www.berwickacademy.org/page/bic/innovation-pursuit-program/innovation-celebration>

Please feel free to share this opportunity with other colleagues.  If you
are interested, just reply and I can provide more information on the event.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Darcy

--

Follow Berwick Innovation @BA_Innovation <https://twitter.com/BA_Innovation>

Click HERE <https://follettchallenge.com/videos/644>to View Berwick's Entry
in the Follett Challenge!

Darcy Coffta
Jackson Library
Innovation Center Director
Upper School Librarian, Grades 10-12
Berwick Academy
31 Academy Street
South Berwick, Maine  03908
Telephone:  207.384.2164 x.2702
Facsimile:  207.384.3332

Library <http://www.berwickacademy.org/Page/Student-Life/Jackson-Library>
Innovation Center <http://www.berwickacademy.org/Page/BIC>

*"Without innovation you get stagnation.  We need more innovation."*
*~ Michio Kaku, futurist and theoretical physicist*