From:
Andrea Terry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrea Terry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:29:01 -0500
Hello all!

I had a Thought the other day - thought I'd tap the Collective Brain for
input:

Lots of my high school students are filing their first tax returns this
year.  I can remember how scary that was to me as a high school kid with a
few thousand dollars in income, even though the 1040 EZ is pretty
straightforward.  I know public libraries sometimes have trained
volunteers come in to help those with lower income file their returns.  I
have asked a few of my working students and they seem very enthusiastic
about having help.  Has anyone ever hosted one of those volunteers in
their high school library?  Does anyone know how I might contact whomever
provides help?  Can you all think of a roadblock I'm not thinking of (I'm
new at this)?  By all means, please give me your input, positive or
otherwise!

Andrea Terry
Richmond Middle/High School
Library Media Technician