From:
Jennifer Gaenzle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2021 16:06:51 -0500
This article was published months ago, long before the newest, more easily transmissible variant appeared.

If this were a disease that was sickness and then gone, such as the flu or cold, without leaving behind proven long term health issues and such a devastating death toll, it would make me think differently about handling things. But with such long reaching implications of the massive amounts of extended health issues that we are just starting to see and the number of deaths that have already happened, I'd still rather go with better safe than sorry.

Articles like this tend to worry me that people are being shortsighted about the long term results of trying to get back to normal faster. I don't think people are thinking about the toll on the mental health and physical health of all those that are now going to have live with possibly years of health issues, death of loved ones, especially those that feel they are responsible for a death of a loved one because of passing it on, and the stress all of that is going to continue to put on our health care systems and insurance for years to come. We have been blessed to lived in a world of  "I want it now" for so many years, that we find it hard to have patience.

Jenn

Jennifer Gaenzle
Fort Fairfield Public Library Director
339 Main Street
Fort Fairfield, ME 04742
Website and Card Catalog – fortfairfieldlibrary.org