From:
Rachel Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rachel Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:10:32 -0400
Grosset & Dunlap's "Who Was--" biography series is very popular with kids
here.  I frequently have kids asking where the books in that series are
located.  Currently, we interfile them with other biographies for kids
according to their subject. I am considering shelving them all together so
that kids who like the series will have an easier time browsing them. It's
unusual for kids who might not otherwise be interested in biographies to
read a book about someone they may not even have heard of simply because
they like the series format, and I'd like to encourage this interest.

Are there any libraries out there that shelve this series all together,
separately from other biographies? If so, do you give them a unique call
number, and what has your experience been with this practice?

Thanks!

Rachel

Rachel Q. Davis
Assistant Director/Children's Librarian