Liz Soares <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 1 May 2022 19:50:54 +0000
Alexander McCall Smith, in all his many forms.
Liz

Elizabeth A. Soares, M.Ed.
K-12 Librarian
Augusta School District
Cony High School Library
60 Pierce Drive
Augusta, ME 04330
207-626-2460<tel:207-626-2460> x3322
https://www.facebook.com/asdlibraries/
I am currently reading Crying in H Mart, by Michelle Zauner.

________________________________
From: Maine Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Reg McCombs <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2022 12:59:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MELIBS-L] Light reading suggestions

I was thinking of the James Herriot/All Things etc. books.

Regina

On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 9:31 PM Lubec Library <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Miss Read books might work.
> Nancy
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 3:33 PM Lee Edward Shaw <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Hello library friends,
> >
> > I'm looking for some book suggestions. I have a patron who likes to read
> > but is sensitive to upsetting content. It is difficult for her to get to
> > the library to browse, so she calls and asks us to find a handful of
> books
> > at a time. She likes books that involve relationships, especially family,
> > and where not too much happens. We've found that even the mildest of
> > narratives often contain some sort of divorce, addiction, death, or
> > negative situation, so it can be a challenge to find a winner. She has
> > really enjoyed Elizabeth Berg novels and Jenny Colgan's "The Little Beach
> > Street Bakery."  Any other leads would be much appreciated!
> >
> > -Lee
> >
> > Lee Shaw
> > Library Director
> > South Berwick Public Library
> > 27 Young Street
> > South Berwick, ME 03908
> > 207-384-3308
> > https://link.edgepilot.com/s/1f187da6/DDw6vXGmVE_Jns_sNguHUw?u=http://www.southberwicklibrary.org/<https://link.edgepilot.com/s/1f187da6/DDw6vXGmVE_Jns_sNguHUw?u=http://www.southberwicklibrary.org/>
> >

> --
>
> Lubec Memorial Library
>
> 55 Water Street
>
> Lubec, ME 04652
>
> (207)733-2491

Regina McCombs
District Librarian
MSAD #70
Hodgdon, ME
04730

Links contained in this email have been replaced. If you click on a link in the email above, the link will be analyzed for known threats. If a known threat is found, you will not be able to proceed to the destination. If suspicious content is detected, you will see a warning.