From:
Sonya Durney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sonya Durney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:24:54 -0500
* *

*Money Smart Week* <http://www.moneysmartweek.org/>*®** **is April
20-27ththis year.
 Is your library participating? *

Money Smart Week, an effort of the Federal Reserve Bank, is an excellent
way to partner with local businesses, financial institutions, schools,
non-profits, government agencies and the local media. Help your patrons
better manage their personal finances, stress the importance of financial
literacy, inform consumers about where they can get help and provide free
educational seminars and activities throughout the week. Programs can range
from establishing a budget to first time home buying to estate planning to
couponing!

By visiting the Money Smart Week <http://www.moneysmartweek.org/> website
you can sign up to be a Money Smart Week participant, read event
guidelines, register an event, check out what other libraries have done and
much more!

Both the Falmouth Memorial Library and PPL participated last year and look
forward to doing so once more this year. It is a great opportunity to
partner with local organizations and it is truly fantastic to see
participants walk away from events feeling empowered by the information
they received.  Here are last year's flyer's to give you some ideas:

   - Portland Public Library’s
flyer<http://www.portlandlibrary.com/programs/MoneySmartWeekrev.pdf>(2012)
   - Falmouth Memorial Library’s
flyer<http://www.falmouthmemoriallibrary.org/site/wp-content/uploads/Money-Smart-Week_community-flyer.pdf>(2012)

If you are interested in participating and have any questions please feel
free to contact Laura Bean or myself. We are happy to answer any questions
on how to sign up, guidelines, possible partnerships in your community or
any other questions you might have.

Also, if you are already in the works of planning events, as we know some
of you are, we would love to hear more about them; drop us a line.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Your Maine Money Smart Week Committee co-chairs,

Laura Bean

(207) 781–2351

&

Sonya Durney