Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2021 12:51:02 -0400
After two weeks of sustained levels I continually revisit whether I
require the public to mask, just continuing to require staff to mask, or
if I should send a memo to staff that they may opt to keep it in their
shirt pockets until they are in close proximity with patrons. It's all
contingent on trending data.

It's easier to pivot with just staff than the entire city. Patrons are
still opting for masks more often as they see us masked. I must say,
another excellent move is just keeping masks in place for everyone like
McArthur, if you feel the community would be receptive. We very
seriously considered that.

The WHO never backed down from mask recommendations, whereas I think the
CDC changed up in attempt to encourage vaccination, and in response to
then available data.

My two pence, and none the richer,

Chip

On 2021-08-17 12:12, Karen Eger wrote:

> We are planning to keep the masking in place as the confusion of switching policies according to the case numbers and designated colors is confusing for people.  I expect fall and winter aren't going to result in a better scenario, so wonderful as it was in June and July to think we had turned the corner, we probably have not.
>
> Karen McCarthy Eger
> Library Director
> she/her/hers
>
> South Berwick Public Library