MLA Communications <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 May 2022 08:00:00 -0400
If you haven't registered for the Maine Library Association Annual
Conference, you still can. See our conference page
<https://www.mainelibraries.org/conference> for details.

If you have already registered, here are some things to remember before the
conference next week:

   - Save on paper: Download the Whova app for your Apple
   <https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id716979741?pt=1944835&ct=download_widget&mt=8>
   or Android
   <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whova.event&referrer=utm_source%3Ddownload_widget%26utm_medium%3Dwidget%26utm_content%3Dmlaac_202205>
   device.
   - Save on gas: Carpool if you can. It's a great way to get to know your
   fellow librarians.
   - Pre-order Bill Roorbach's new book *Lucky Turtle*
   <https://www.ddgbooks.com/maine-library-association-conference-tuesday-keynote>
   to pick up at the conference
   - Conference attendees will receive 20% off of products on orders placed
   at the ALA Store <https://www.alastore.ala.org/> from May 18, 2022
   through June 1, 2022. Use coupon code *5Trust20%*
   - Please be aware of the recent rise of COVID in Maine.
   - Take a rapid test before leaving home, and bring some with you. Stay
      home if you are sick.
      - Bring proof of vaccination.
      - Bring masks.
   - If you plan on dining at Camp (the restaurant at Sunday River Grand
   Summit), please call ahead to make reservations. It will help Sunday River
   to estimate the proper number of staff to have working while we are there.
   Other dining options might be limited by the fact that now is off season.
   - Wynter wanted to say one more thing about meals:
      - *In the early stages of planning this conference, the team felt
      that going with continental breakfasts and boxed lunches would be a safer
      way to go than the usual buffet meals, and this would make
people feel more
      comfortable registering for this event. In practice, this has
made it very
      challenging to offer a variety of meal options. The individual lunches we
      had hoped to offer for the Maine Infonet Pre-Conference on 5/22 are not
      doable on Sunday River's end, so we had to simplify that order. I want to
      assure anyone who ordered vegetarian options, or indicated they
are vegan,
      gluten-free, or have allergies, will be accommodated - we just
aren't able
      to get the variety we had hoped for. I take full responsibility for this
      and offer my apologies. If you have any problems, please let us
know at the
      registration table, but we will make sure that dietary
restrictions we are
      aware of will be planned for*.  ~ Wynter Giddings, MLA President
   - Come prepared for fun: Swimsuits, yoga pants, hiking shoes. The State
   Library is bring e-bikes for you to try. There will be a team trivia game
   Monday evening and a "break time" board game session Monday afternoon.
   FUNdraising activities include a Wine Toss and an art print
   <https://www.flyleafgallery.com/products/geesetakecover> for raffle, and
   I heard that Maine Authors Publishing will have a raffle as well. We will
   have a card swiper for the Wine Toss and art raffle, but it might be good
   to have a little cash on hand.

See you at Sunday River!