Sender:
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2022 16:07:17 -0400
From:
"Bradley, Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>
Welcome to the club - we were yesterday and last Saturday. I've heard from
other libraries, including in Augusta, that he's called them. He asks us
for the names, addresses, and phone numbers of libraries, mostly in cities
with the same name but in different states. Also asked me for some chemical
compound information - a food additive. I told him we charge for printing
and mailing (which we do) and since he had no way to pay me, I was unable
to help him with the articles. He also told me he was at Riverside, and
said he used to go to McArthur in Biddeford.

I'm not sure that there's much we can do - I look at it as he's calling
with reference questions - I spend the time I would with anyone else, don't
chit chat, and let him know when I have other patrons to help. Trying to be
compassionate without getting bogged down in the situation.

Best,
Ellen Bradley
Library Director
Turner Public Library