From:
Tina Branco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tina Branco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 00:16:49 -0500
Sally,

1.I use the widgets for our web page (www.south-thomaston.lib.me.us)  that
are generated from with LibraryThing.com  I have an account for the library.
It takes about 10 seconds to add the book to the LT account using the ISBN.
It takes about 5 minutes to set up a widget.  I have two for our web page:
one for new books and the other for books loaded on the kindle.  Once the
widget is constructed, I never have to change the web page.  Simply adding a
new book to the collection (and selecting the appropriate tag or collection,
or whatever criteria you establish) will automatically cause that book to be
included in the rolling display.  I'm not sure how many will display during
any given page refresh - I believe it's between 20 and 25, but the mix
changes with every page load.

2.I don't mix the media because we don't do too much other than books here
in our small library

3. I have only adult books on the web page, but also have children's books
on our blog: Http://keagbooks.blogspot.com, which I'll admit we need to do a
better job of keeping up to date.

4. As I said, we try to add them as they are entered in the collection, but
apart from that we don't need to update the widgets specifically.
Theoretically, they should be always up to date.

We find patrons like the visual display of titles available rather than just
a listing.  And by clicking on the book cover the reader can get much more
information about the book.
Hope this helps.

Tina Branco
Director, So Thomaston PL