Wynter Giddings <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 May 2022 14:22:15 +0000
Hi all,

This came out a few months ago, but if you have not yet heard about or read it, I highly recommend: reading it, printing it, tacking it to your wall, and sharing it with colleagues:

https://www.ala.org/advocacy/intfreedom/problematicauthorsqa

It is a Q&A guide for librarians, on challenges to books by "problematic" authors - I put the word in quotes because as this document agrees, that is a highly subjective term and we should all keep that in mind.

Have a great weekend,
Wynter

Wynter Giddings, MLIS (she/her)
Manager of Adult Services & Technology, Curtis Memorial Library
President, Maine Library Association
207.607.4139