Sender:
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:35:30 +0000
From:
"Leadbetter, Jared" <[log in to unmask]>
I have been invoked! (Also, hello to Ellen, et al.)

On the subject of barcode scanners, the good people of Give IT Get IT (https://www.giveitgetit.org/), formerly known as PCs for Maine, were receiving a large quantity of barcode scanners. We asked to prototype with some public libraries as a way of mapping out speedbumps before they opened the doors to barcode scanner requests.

So the barcode scanners are available, but I add the caveat that they are a little higher on the complexity scale than I'd like, otherwise I would have broadly recommended them. That said, if complexity is no deterrent, please contact Give IT Get IT and ask to speak with Jodi Martin if interested in an inexpensive barcode scanner.

Let me know if you have further questions re: barcode scanners in general!

-Jared Leadbetter
 Maine State Library