Falmouth Memorial Library is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to work in the business office of the library. The Administrative Assistant orders supplies, processes paperwork for billing, handles filing, data entry, runs errands, and performs other general office duties as needed.
Working in a small library requires pitching in on a variety of tasks, and an ability to work effectively with all employees, and be courteous and friendly with patrons. The person hired for this role will also be trained on basic functions of the Circulation Desk, to assist with coverage as needed during staff vacations or unplanned staff absences. We're looking for a self-starter with great communication skills to join our team in this essential community resource.
This position is part-time 16 hours per week. Pay starts at $18/hour, and includes pro-rated sick and vacation days. The Library prefers someone who can work daily Monday-Friday, however the schedule of hours is flexible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Library is looking for a reliable administration staff member to provide comprehensive and confidential office support to the Library. Duties are varied, but a typical work day would include:
* Processing and data entry for incoming mail, donations, bank deposits, and invoices for payment;
* Filing, correspondence, and scheduling meetings or appointments;
* Responding to meeting room requests from patrons and other organizations;
* Liaison with service providers for facilities management related issues to ensure appropriate maintenance and follow-up;
* Vendor management and procurement of all building supplies, including oversight of external professional daily cleaning service;
* Human resources clerical paperwork;
* Run errands for library business;
* General trouble-shooting of office equipment; and
* Perform other duties as needed.
* Demonstrated ability to use and troubleshoot general office equipment
* Excellent organizational and time-management skills and ability to multi-task
* Proficiency in Office 365 and Microsoft Office products is required
* Prior administrative experience in an office setting is preferred
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Library Director, Jenna Mayotte, at [log in to unmask] No phone calls, please. Applications will be reviewed beginning April 10, 2023, and continue until position is filled.
Falmouth Memorial Library
5 Lunt Road
Falmouth, ME 04105