Sender: Maine Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From: Ann Filley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 16:32:27 -0400
Yesterday, the Rockport Public Library celebrated 100 years. We had music,
food, giveaways and the best weather we could ask for. The library started
in the basement of the Rockport Opera House in 1914 and has had only six
directors.

Representative Joan Welsh presented the library with an official expression
of sentiment on behalf the 126th Maine Legislature. We are so proud of our
library and happy to be part of this wonderful community.

Many thanks and great appreciation go the staff of our library: Jane
Babbitt, Kim Slocomb, Jenni Ruddy, Priscilla Wood, Beth Chamberlin, Fran
Hodgkins, Sharyn Pohlman, Ben Blackmon, and Liza Walsh.

We continue to be so grateful to the our volunteers and our active Friends
of the Rockport Library.

Thanks to everyone!

Ann Filley
Library Director