MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Karl Beiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:58:04 -0500
This information is posted for Felicia Kennedy at the Maine State Library and
questions should be directed to her at [log in to unmask]

Dear Librarian:

The online version of the Maine Public Library Annual Report is now available.
 Please notice the April 1, 2003 deadline.  User names and passwords
remain the same as last year.  (Please call or email me if you need that
information.)

The survey can be accessed directly at

http://collect.informata.com

or by going to the Library Stats page from the Maine State Library website:

http://www.maine.gov/msl/libstats.htm

Also available for download on this website are:  a blank Annual Report,
State Aid Form (March 1st deadline), Data Elements Definitions, Instructions
for Completing the Online Public Library Annual Report, and Changes to
Report.

This year paper copies of the annual report and all related materials are only
being sent to those libraries that did not complete their report online for
FY01.  Last year, out of 273 libraries, 23 libraries did not file a report, 116
libraries turned in a paper copy which we completed for them online, and 134
libraries completed the online version (an increase of 47 from the previous
year - BRAVO!!).
There were minimal problems associated with the online version and libraries
seemed pleased not to have to deal with the edit checks.  Again this year,
the entire survey (except where there have been changes) will be prefilled for
your convenience.

Please be aware that even though the edit checks have been removed, I still
must annotate major discrepancies when I forward the information to the
Federal Government.  If there are severe differences in your reporting figures
from the previous year, please include an explanation of why your figures
don't match up or are so far off from the previous year.

Please fill out the Financial Report accurately and completely.  (Please round
amounts to the nearest dollar.)  Remember:  All questions must be supplied
with an answer or the report can't be accepted.  If there is no information,
simply reply N/A.  Also, the report is not recognized as being complete until
it is actually submitted.

Deadlines for Annual Reports will be April 1, 2003.  The deadline for the State
Aid form is March 1, 2003.  (There will be no exceptions to this deadline.)

As always, we can not stress enough the importance of the annual reports.
They are a valuable resource at the local, state and national levels and have
helped to influence the legislature on funding for such things as MSLN and
electronic databases.

NOTE:  A current report must be on file in order for the library to receive any
state funds or grants.

Thank you for your cooperation.  Please call or email me if you need any
assistance.

Sincerely,
Felicia

Felicia Kennedy