MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Melvin, Jenny J" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melvin, Jenny J
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2022 12:32:33 +0000
Greetings Public Library Directors -
This is the last call for those libraries who have not submitted their FY21 Public Library Annual Report. The last day to submit your report is Friday, April 1, 2022.

As a reminder, it is the sole responsibility of each library to ensure that the annual report has been accurately and completely submitted by the April 1st deadline per Maine Library Commission Rules Regarding Responsibilities of Public Libraries:  For information visit http://www.maine.gov/msl/about/commission/rule.htm<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maine.gov%2Fmsl%2Fabout%2Fcommission%2Frule.htm&data=02%7C01%7CJenny.J.Melvin%40maine.gov%7C53294461c35d48623f5608d79129b28d%7C413fa8ab207d4b629bcdea1a8f2f864e%7C0%7C0%7C637137481530515525&sdata=DJNXAXCaFdONBD6IwGiAMNmYiQI5E8fwGzkxb2oFR2w%3D&reserved=0>

BRIEF SUMMARY: Public libraries in Maine shall submit the Public Libraries Survey (a.k.a. the Public Library Annual Report) to the Maine State Library by April 1 each year and must maintain an active subscription to either MELIBS-L or MEINFO-L. Failure to comply with this rule may result in the revocation of state-wide library services provided by the Maine State Library, including but not limited to internet access via the Maine School and Library Network (MSLN).
Need Help?
There's still time to schedule an appointment for Annual Report assistance by Zoom or by phone. I am offering extended evening hours to answer questions and assist with filling out and submitting the FY21 Public Library Annual Report. To schedule an appointment, complete the Request Form<https://forms.gle/CRagsJuVQwwDvsU9A> to indicate the days and times you are available to meet. Once I receive your request, I will contact you to confirm the day and time of your appointment.

Appointment Request Form:  https://forms.gle/CRagsJuVQwwDvsU9A

Jenny Melvin, State Data Coordinator
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Phone: 207-650-0190
Email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Submission Period - January 3, 2022 through April 1, 2022
All usernames and passwords remain the same. If you can't find your login credentials, you can request it on the LibPAS login screen or contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Helpful Links -
Online Annual Report Portal: LibPAS (Library Performance Assessment System) https://me.countingopinions.com/
Maine Public Library Annual Report Information:  https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/statistics/annual/index.shtml

FY21 Annual Report Definitions and Instructions https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/statistics/annual/documents/2021AnnualReportDataDefinitions.pdf
FY21 Working Copy https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/statistics/annual/documents/2021AnnualReportForm.pdf
CloudLibrary Statistics Guide:  https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/statistics/annual/documents/AnnualReportCloudLibraryInstructions.pdf

Electronic Materials Guide: https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/statistics/annual/documents/CountingElectronicMaterialsGuide_000.pdf

MILS, Minerva and Ursus Circulation Statistics:  https://www.maineinfonet.org/supportportal/statistics/
LibraryWorld Statistics:  https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/statistics/annual/LibraryWorldStatisticsfortheAnnualReport.docx
Evergreen Statistics for Maine Balsam Libraries:  https://www.mainebalsamlibraries.org/state-report-instructions-circulation-folder/
Data Input Instructions for LibPAS: http://www.screencast.com/t/0pRvnMU9h  (15 minute video)

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or need help interpreting, reporting or submitting your data. I am more than happy to assist you in any way I can. The Maine State Library sincerely appreciate the work and dedication it takes to collect and report accurate data.

Many thanks for all you do!
Jenny
Jenny Melvin . State Data Coordinator
Maine State Library . 64 State House Station . Augusta, Maine . 207-650-0190
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> . www.maine.gov/msl/<http://www.maine.gov/msl/>