MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Alisia Revitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alisia Revitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2011 12:12:41 -0400
We will be migrating MaineCat to its new server and getting it settled in
starting at 8am on Tuesday the 31st and continuing for 2 days, possibly 3.
 There will be a message to Melibs when it is available again, and
up-to-date progress may be found at twitter.com/#!/maineinfonet.

The outage will block access to the web OPAC, requesting online, sending out
requested materials into transit, and
receiving requested materials from transit.  Please do not try to do any
of these things, even if they look available.  You should be able to check
out
an item that is already on your hold shelf to a patron, and doing that
is fine (so long as it works for you).

Generally, if you have a problem with a MaineCat item, please hang on to it
until we give the all clear, then try again.  If you have any issues that
need resolving, please submit a ticket to support.maineinfonet.org

The result of this migration will be a much faster and more reliable server
underlying the MaineCat system, which should mean faster processing time and
fewer basic errors such as stuck holds.

Thanks again for your patience,

 Alisia Revitt  |  Systems Training and Support Librarian  |  Maine InfoNet