MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lord, Linda
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:42:30 -0400
There is an icon on the student laptops that is supposed to connect with the
state licensed databases from EBSCO, Gale and others.  The icon looks like
an "@" sign on a spring, located right next to an identical icon on the
strip at the bottom of the screen (they call that strip 'the dock").  But
when the cursor is on the icon, it says EBSCO (or EBSCO databases).  I thank
Kat Scott from Fairfield for sharing this information and ask that you: (1)
check to see if this link works for you; and (2) make certain that your
teachers and students know this link exists and what it connects to.  We are
still trying to come up with a universal name for these databases (a name
totally confusing to the public when all we mean is magazines and reference
books on line); if you have suggestions, send them in.   Thank you so much
for your attention to this.  It's really important.    Linda

Linda H. Lord
Director, Library Development
Maine State Library
64 State House Station