MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2022 17:44:19 +0000
Today - Statewide Zoom – January 11, 2022 @ 3:15 pm

Join the MSL- Continuing Statewide Conversations at 3:15 pm

Time: January 11, 2022 @ 3:15 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

https://mainestate.zoom.us/j/84573231976?pwd=QlVKOGsvcFQ2VnJ5NXlkN21mSVhpUT09

Discussion topics

ARPA reports

Deadline changes:

Spend all funds by March 15, 2022.

Submit final report at the very latest – June 15, 2022

Many thanks to the 20 libraries who have submitted final reports already!

To submit report:

Go to: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=MSL

Enter in the email and password you used for the ARPA application.  Remember that we are also using this grant platform for the MPLF grants – so if you have applied for MPLF you need to read/look closely to make sure you are selecting ARPA – not MPLF.

Once logged in you should see a blue edit button on the far right next to your library’s name.

Instructions<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/grant_projects/documents/ARPA_FollowUp_Report_Instructions.pdf> and report sample<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/grant_projects/documents/FollowUp-GrantLifecycleManager.pdf> are posted on the website<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/grant_projects/ARPA.shtml>.

COVID Updates

Omicron has really taken over in Maine. Mask recommendation for omicron would KN95 and N95 masks or a well-fitting surgical mask (with a tight fit and one time only use). Most cloth masks do not have layers or tight enough weaves to create the barrier needed for omicron transmission.   This has to do with the tightness of weave and the fabric as well as layers used.  As far as testing kits, I am waiting to see if President Biden’s new goals of covering testing by insurance, the states 250,000 distribution and new supplies this week.  I would like to know if libraries would like to spend additional ARPA money on tests for library staff. We just don’t know if omicron would be a non-issue by the time everything Could be in place.

Museum Program wants to partner with Libraries

Kate Webber will provide info and answer questions about the Maine State Museum’s Listening Tour.

Maine State Museum seeks library partners for virtual “Listening Tour” events:

The Maine State Museum is currently running a “Listening Tour,” a series of virtual conversations in different communities across the state. This program was developed in partnership with the Maine Humanities Council and a team of advisors.

Bendable Update

We are working with Portland, Bangor and Lewiston to play roles as lead Bendable hubs providing support and working on the first community collections.  We would also like to have a smaller hub in each one of the nine regions. We would be looking for libraries that have the staff capacity, interest and excitement about Bendable. Email me if you are interested as we determine responsibilities and types of work for the smaller hubs. We hope to be able to offer stipends for your commitment. The fellows are working on some fun projects that they would like to talk about today as well.

Five-year evaluation and plan.  Evaluators are finishing up the evaluation.  I will begin in February convening libraries and MSL staff for input in reviewing MSL federal state goals and diving into our existing projects and activities.

Other questions, comments?

Stay well and safe everyone!
Janet

Janet McKenney