MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lord, Linda
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 12:13:11 -0400
The text from the PUC order below omits a decision made by the MTEAF Board
(formerly MSLN Board) that is critically important to public libraries.
Although filtering will be offered to MSLN sites for the 2002-2003 fiscal
year (and for only that year - unless the Board recommends a different
policy to the PUC) this will be done through a centralized "enterprise"
system.  This has management and cost-saving advantages, and means that
sites can opt to filter or NOT FILTER through this system.  No MSLN site
will have filter.