MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Lord, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:59:14 -0400
I will be out of the office from Sept. 24 until Oct. 3 and thus not able to
deal with or pass on EBSCO connectivity problems.
The first critical step to access the databases is to:
*        enter the following URL:
http://libraries.maine.edu/mainedatabases/
        If you are at a remote (non MSLN site) you will automatically be
asked to fill in your name, the name of your library, and your zip
code.
*       Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies
*       If you have new computers or a new proxy server their IP numbers
must be registered or you will be treated as a remote user
*       At the bottom of the Research Databases opening page (at
http://libraries.maine.edu/mainedatabases/) you will see in bold type
"Problems Connecting".  Please read this carefully - with the help of a
technology coordinator if possible - and check out potential problem sources
listed here.
*       If none of the above helps, there is a telephone number listed at
the end of Problems Connecting that you can call.

Also remember that the network has been experiencing virus difficulties
lately and some problems may resolve themselves once network stability is
resolved.
(Hope this helps. I'm sorry to be abandoning you at a transitional time, but
believe that the above steps will see you through.)
Best wishes!

Linda H. Lord
Director of Library Development
Maine State Library