MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Comstock, Edna" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Comstock, Edna
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:47:01 -0500
Dear Colleagues,  As many of you know we convened a forum last week ti
discuss the future of publications like Maine Entry.  We were very pleased
that eleven interested parties joined the discussion.

The major conclusions were:
        1,  That the two Associations (MASL & MLA) and the Maine State
Library should continue some kind of publishing presence such as Maine
Entry.

        2.  That a pilot issue should be floated after Conference to get
feedback and to solicit participation

        3.  That advertising should be included in this publication

        4.  That manpower for editing responsibilities be sought
                a. from journalism students
                b. retired librarians interested in keeping in touch with
the membership

This message is your "pre" opportunity to share with the group what you
think we need in this publication.  What would you like to see there?
        1. Membership minutes
        2. Legilslative updates
        3. In-depth reports on significant issues
        4. Officer rosters
        5. Tips
        6. Short Bios of major players in our profession

Please send your reply directly to me at the address given below.  I will
combine them and share them with you and the committee.  Thanks,  Edna

Edna M. Comstock
Electronic Services Librarian/E-Rate Team
Maine State Library
64 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0064