MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:32:15 +0000
Survey reminder - LSTA Five Year Plan

Thanks to the 91 libraries who have responded to the LSTA Five year Plan Survey!
We have had responses from 70 public, 14 academic, 5 K-12 schools and 2 special libraries.

I would love to get over the 100 benchmark if possible, so if you haven't responded - please take some time today or tomorrow to do the survey for MSL.

Link to the survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MSLPLAN

Details from last week's email is pasted below:
Thanks all!
Janet

Five Year Plan Survey
Please help us with the development of the Maine State Library's 2023-2027 LSTA Five Year Plan by responding to this survey.  The survey reviews the current goals and funded projects from the last LSTA Five Year Plan and asks you to review and determine whether each goal as well the projects that support those goals should be continued, altered, or discontinued. There are 24 questions, but most will only take a moment of your time to answer.  Survey Monkey estimates it will take 10 minutes to complete.
The survey is online - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MSLPLAN
If you would like to preview a PDF<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/lsta/documents/SurveyMonkey_400616637-2.pdf> of the survey, use this link but you must go online to respond.
We want responses from all library types (public, academic, K-12 and special) and all levels of library staff and board members may respond.
Deadline for responses is next Friday, April 29, by 5:30 pm.
The draft plan will be circulated and presented to both the Maine Library Commission and the Maine Library Advisory Council in early June. Once approved by the Commission it will be submitted to the Attorney General's Office with paperwork to authorize the Maine State Library to be the recipient of Grants to State LSTA funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). Deadline to submit the plan to IMLS is June 30, 2022.
Thanks for your assistance!

Janet McKenney
Director, Library Development
Maine State Library