MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Kennedy, Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kennedy, Felicia
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:05:15 -0500
The online version of the Public Library Annual Report is now ready for you
to complete.  It can be accessed at http://collect.informata.com.  This will
bring you directly to the login screen.  Logins and passwords remain the
same as last year.  If you need your login and password please call or email
me and I will give you that information.

There are some changes this year that should make completing the annual
report online very easy.  The entire survey (except where items were not
included last year) is prefilled.  All automatic calculations, except for
Total Operating Income and Total Operating Expenditures, have been removed.
Also, the dreaded edit checks have been removed.  However, if there is a
drastic change in your information from the previous year, you need to let
me know so that I can give a reason to the federal government when I submit
my report. (The Feds still have edit checks - many, many edit checks!)  We
have tried to make this process as simple as possible.  If we can get the
majority of libraries to report their information online, it will save the
Library Development office many weeks of inputting and we, in turn, can have
statistical reports ready in a much more timely manner.  (And I will have
more time to devote to developing a website with library directories, stats,
etc.)

I would be more than happy to assist you over the phone.  I would be willing
to set up times in our computer lab so that you could come in and fill out
your report.  I will also be at the Portland Public Library on February 5th.
Any way I can help, I would be happy to do so.  Please give the online
report a try.  If you did not try the report last year and you need step by
step instructions, please let me know and I can fax or email you directions.

Don't forget - the deadline in March 1st.  The deadline for the State Aid
Certificate is also March 1st.  There will be no exceptions this year for
State Aid Certificates received after March 1st so please make sure your
town officials get that form in as soon as possible.

Please call or email me with any questions or concerns.

Felicia

Felicia Kennedy
Maine State Library
64 State House Station