MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Kennedy, Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kennedy, Felicia
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:27:07 -0500
I have just inputted a few annual reports that were sent to me in paper
format.  The average time to complete everything with the information
available in front of me was between 5-10 minutes.  Very easy to use.
However there are a few things I should point out.

1.  You need to change your Last Reported Fiscal Year and Last Completed
Fiscal Year.  (example:  Last Reported should be 01/00-12/00 or 07/99-06/00;
Last Completed should be:  01/01-12/01 or 07/00-06/01 - or however your
fiscal year runs)

2.  Make sure the street address is the actual physical address and the
mailing address is correct.  In some cases these seem to be reversed.

3.  Make sure you check names.  All names except the Library Director were
changed from two database fields into one.  Therefore, only first names are
showing up under Personnel, Trustee Chair and Friends President.

4.  Please note that the online report requires Total Juvenile Circulation.
This is not on the paper form.  (This is a Federal Government requirement
and my error for not including it on the paper report.)

5.  Again, please be aware that Total Operating Income and Total Operating
Expenditures will total automatically upon update.  The system will not
allow you to input a number in these two fields.

6.  Don't forget - YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT YOUR SURVEY AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED
IT OR I WILL HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING IT IS DONE.  Once you submit your survey
(under STATUS and PRINTING) your annual report will show as locked so I will
know you are done.  Make sure you print a copy for your files before you
submit.

Everything went very smoothly for me.  I hope all of you find this form very
easy to use.  Please call or email me if you need your login and password
from last year.  If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to
contact me.

Felicia

Felicia Kennedy
Maine State Library