MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bridget Mullen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 2015 13:26:07 +0000
Congratulations to UMaine UB graduate, Patricia Marshall!

I love that her participation in Maine TRIO tops her resume.

[Text Box:]
MEMORANDUM

TO:                 Community College Presidents
State University Presidents
Martin T. Meehan, President, University of Massachusetts

FROM:            Carlos E. Santiago

CC:                 Community College Chief Academic Officers
State University Chief Academic Officers
Marcellete G. Williams, Senior Vice President, University of Massachusetts

DATE:                        November 17, 2015

SUBJECT:     New Deputy Commissioner for Academic Affairs & Student Success
I am happy to announce that Dr. Patricia Marshall will be joining the Department of Higher Education effective November 30th as our new Deputy Commissioner for Academic Affairs & Student Success.
Since 2012, Dr. Marshall has served as the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs at Worcester State University (WSU). She holds a B.A. from Colby College and a Ph.D. in Hispanic Studies from Brown University.  She participated in the Upward Bound program at the University of Maine Orono  from 1986-1990, received services from Education Talent Search, and was the 2014 recipient of the New England Educational Opportunity Association’s Achiever Award. In 2013, the Council for Opportunity in Education invited Dr. Marshall to testify before the U.S. Congressional TRIO Caucus in Washington, D.C. to generate support for and awareness of the importance of TRIO programs in rural areas (“Meeting the Needs of Rural Low-Income Students”).
Dr. Marshall helped to launch WSU’s “Succeed in 4” retention and graduation improvement initiative through her work as Faculty Fellow.  In that role, she established the groundwork for campus-wide retention efforts, played a key role in the selection and initial configuration of the Starfish Early Alert system, and served as the Principal Investigator on WSU’s first Vision Grant. She has co-presented on the work being done at WSU at the AAC&U, the New England Conference for Student Success (UMASS, Amherst), the NEASC Annual Conference, and the Massachusetts Educational Opportunity Association Annual Conference. Dr. Marshall is also a founding board member of MassEdCO, a statewide network of service sites that works with economically and educationally disadvantaged students.  Prior to serving as AVPAA she was the founding Chair of the Department of World Languages and held a tenured appointment as an Associate Professor of Spanish at Worcester State University.  Dr. Marshall has also held faculty appointments at Clark University, Wesleyan University, Providence College, and served as a clinical faculty member with the Brown School of Medicine.  Her publications include a book on Calderon de la Barca, translations, book reviews, and peer reviewed articles on Spanish Golden Age literature.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank our search committee and committee chair, Katy Abel, for their hard work in helping us find such a highly qualified candidate. I also would like to acknowledge and thank Dr. Winnie Hagan who has done a tremendous job filling in as Interim Deputy Commissioner since July.
Please join me in welcoming Dr. Patricia Marshall to the Department of Higher Education.

The information contained in or accompanying this e-mail is intended only for the use of the stated recipient and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If the reader is not the intended recipient or the agent thereof, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may constitute a breach of confidence and/or privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and permanently delete the original with its attachments and destroy all copies.

This e-mail message is generated from the agency of Y.O.U., Inc. and contains information that is confidential and may be privileged and/or protected under HIPAA. The information is intended to be disclosed solely to the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of  this email information is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by return email and delete it from your computer system. For more information about Y.O.U., Inc. (Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc.), please visit our web site at www.youinc.org

To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Leave the subject blank, and in the body, enter "SIGNOFF neoa".?