MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Alan Parks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2015 15:54:57 -0400
Dear Maine TRIO Colleagues,

By now I'm sure you've heard about the $60 million increase for TRIO included in Congressman Tom Cole's (R)(OK-4) FY 2016 LHHS bill. This hefty increase is because of everyone's hard work to educate Congress, and especially the hard work of the
Council for Opportunity in Education. The COE depended more than ever on our Fair Share contributions and Institutional Memberships to achieve this success. Fair Share paid dividends!

What a perfect time to say "Thank you, COE, for your effort on behalf of our students, programs and institutions." We're right at the end of Fair Share and for the second time, NEOA is not in first place. We need to do all we can immediately to
rectify this and to say thanks to COE.

Please go to: http://www.coenet.us/, click on Give, drop down to Fair Share, and click on Annual Giving Campaign to make your donation via credit card.

Here's the challenge. If you make a credit card donation by Friday, June 26, 2015, and email me how much you donated, I'll personally match your donation up to a total of $500. (I'll keep your amount just between us. I promise!) That means that we
will have raised Maine's Fair Share contribution by another $1,000.

Are you up to the challenge, Maine TRIO? Go Share!

Alan Parks
Director, College Success Programs
University of Maine
207/581-2320