MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bridget Mullen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2015 16:36:10 +0000
Best wishes from Bowdoin UB/TRIO as you launch the new academic year!  We hope some of you, despite your ever-filling calendars, will join us on Wednesday, September 16 as we kick-off a year of celebrations to mark 50 years of Upward Bound/TRIO at Bowdoin.  We welcome TRIO colleagues and friends and hope to see some of you!

Wednesday, September 16

2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.    Upward Bound Open House, 261 Maine St, Brunswick

4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.    UB Alumni & Friends Meet-up, The Brunswick Inn & Tavern, 4 Noble St, Brunswick

7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.    Keynote with Senator George Mitchell, Pickard Theater, 1 Bath Road, Brunswick

The events are free but tickets are required as space is limited.    To hold tickets, please RSVP to [log in to unmask]

Save the Date — Thursday, October 29
7:30 p.m.   “Increasing Higher Education Attainment for All Students: The Need for a Comprehensive Approach”, Kresge Auditorium, Bowdoin.
This year’s Brodie Family Lecture will celebrate the 50-year anniversary of Upward Bound/TRIO at Bowdoin with Dr. Laura Perna, founding Executive Director of the Alliance for Higher Education & Democracy at the University of Pennsylvania.