MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Teri Morse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 2015 10:24:10 -0400
*http://www.coenet.us/coe_prod_imis/COE/Issues/Bulletin_Board/COE/NAV_Issues/GR_Bulletin_Board/2015/Rep_Frank_C_Guinta_R-NH_Made_a_Proclamation_on_the_House_Floor.aspx
<http://www.coenet.us/coe_prod_imis/COE/Issues/Bulletin_Board/COE/NAV_Issues/GR_Bulletin_Board/2015/Rep_Frank_C_Guinta_R-NH_Made_a_Proclamation_on_the_House_Floor.aspx>Rep.
Frank C. Guinta (R-NH) Made a Proclamation on the House Floor Recognizing *
*the 50th Anniversary of Talent Search*

Hon. Frank C. Guinta of New Hampshire in the House Of Representatives

*Thursday, October 22, 2015*

[image: Congressional Record in Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of
Educational Talent Search]
<http://www.coenet.us/files/bulletin_board-Congressional_Record_Celebration_50th_Anniversary_ETS_102315.pdf>Mr.
GUINTA. Mr. Speaker, I rise today to recognize the 50th Anniversary of
Educational Talent Search (ETS) in Durham, New Hampshire. I am pleased to
join with the University of New Hampshire in recognizing this great
milestone for ETS and its supporters.

This is a great achievement for both ETS and the University that supports
it, and speaks highly to the outstanding services and guidance the program
has offered to first-generation college students of the communities they
serve. For the past 50 years, Educational Talent Search has been a leader
in helping students with academic advising, postsecondary placement,
academic preparation, and career exploration.

Through the leadership of ETS, thirty-one middle schools and high schools
throughout New Hampshire are being provided academic advising, career
planning, and financial aid and financial literacy information, to better
increase educational opportunities for those youth it supports. ETS has an
impressive record of having 100% of the students it works with graduate
from high school, and helping 86% of those students go on to attend college.

I am proud to join with my fellow Granite Staters in recognizing the
50th Anniversary
of the Educational TS, and wish them all the best in their future years.

From the COE Site..

Teri

Teri Morse, Advisor  (2015-16 President, MEEOA)
Maine Educational Opportunity Center
Mid Coast Territory
207.551.3331 CELL
207.581.2532 FAX