MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Darylen M. Cote" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:06:41 +0000
Notice that Rosa Redonnet testified for UMaine System. I read her testimony and a couple of others. I agree. Duplication. Why not take that money and let us help more students? I'd love to be able to give UB and ETS students scholarship money! Only JMG students would qualify as if JMG is the only one serving lifg students. JMG is being touted as the only program in Maine doing this work with such a "large reach." They are not in every school we serve!  Hmmmm. One of us needs to ask for an appointment and sit right down with Rosa (or whomever) and discuss this. I thought she knew what we do. Evidently not well enough. Who should do that? It needs to be quick! Should it be Kelly? Teri? You, Alan? David or Karen? Laurie, who has been following the issue? We need to be strategic, AND quick. And we should come up with talking points - maybe together? I hate to put it off until NEOA Conference.
Darylen

Darylen Cote, Director
TRIO College Access Services
Upward Bound & Educational Talent Search
University of Maine at Presque Isle
181 Main St.
Presque Isle, ME  04769
207-768-9456