MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Teri Morse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2016 09:57:39 -0400
Policy Seminar last week was an amazing experience.  The State Leadership
and Education Conferences  was filled with great information and training
opportunities for our new and seasoned leaders as alike. MEEOA and NEOA -
posted many pics and updates to our Facebook and Twitter Accounts.

TRIO was requesting an increase of $80million increase funding to restore
funding back to 2005 levels to allow us to serve 90K more students! In
Maine we met with Senators King and Collins, and Representative Pingree
staff, were supportive of TRIO requests. Representative Poliquin's staff
may need more information and data to join the TRIO team. It will be an
important task of all of our program to reach out the all of the
Senators/REpreseatives offices and invite them to TRIO programs, get our
students in the news and Shine! so that we can show TRIO Works in Maine.
Senator King was wearing a TRIO T-shirt and was proudly sharing/wearing his
Support.

I want to send a Warm Thank You to everyone who helped put this amazing
project together. Our Alumni - Pat Marshal, Leanne Nichols, and Nikita
Gagan, Shared their stories and represented TRIO with Pride and Power in
their voice! Gaelyn Hastings (NEOA Pres) is an inspiration and Randy
Schroeder (NEOA Past Pres) was ever present with his camera documenting the
week. Randy has also been busy in the NEWS! Check it out. His interview
starts about 11 minutes in.
http://www.c-span.org/video/?404260-1/sanders-presidential-campaign-interviews

I also want to take a moment and Thank!! Anthony Staffierre for all his
hard work on another incredible Hall of Flaggs! If you haven't seen this -
Check it out!!
 http://wabi.tv/2016/03/09/maines-trio-gear-up-programs-spread-awareness-at-state-house/
<http://wabi.tv/2016/03/09/maines-trio-gear-up-programs-spread-awareness-at-state-house/>
Tony I appreciate you taking the effort to put this project together as
well as the added event of extending an invite to UMA campus for many of
the students.

This is a busy and exciting time of year for the association. We have a
strong leadership team and will be reaching out to you all as we look
forward to building our board for next year.

Teri Morse, Advisor  (2015-16 President, MEEOA)
Maine Educational Opportunity Center
Mid Coast Territory
207.551.3331 CELL
207.581.2532 FAX