ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 14:29:09 EST
> >   a row is exciting and hopefully this will continue. Maine seems to have 4
> >   good lines which should give most teams trouble trying to match up. I
> >   believe Maine has a shot at B.U. Saturday night with decent goaltending
> from >   Alfie.
>
> I'm not sure if I'd predict Maine over BU, but I would agree that they do
> have a shot.  It will be a matter of playing good defense against Drury and
> his line.  They have really burned Hockey East teams.

Although it used to be Drury's line alone, it isn't anymore.  Drury's line is
now LaCouture and Sylvia, a very strong line indeed.  But Bates is doing
his stretch run thing.  He's really coming on.  And now with Degerman on
his left wing, that gives another real scoring threat on the number two line.
Degerman didn't do much against BC because he only played one of six periods
due to a game DQ, but he looks like a keeper.

He'll be back against Maine, as will Billy Pierce who must sit out BU's
Friday game with a DQ.

Where BU is the strongest is on defense.  Most of the defenses around
the league are younger this year and show that inexperience.  BU's
blueliners are the only group in Hockey East that I'd consider "strong"
this year.

Dave Hendrickson   [log in to unmask]
Hockey East writer for US College Hockey Online
        http://www.uscollegehockey.com