ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 11:40:33 EST
More ramblings..............

If UMass-Lowell were to win the HE tournament, UMaine's chances for an NCAA
bid would be hurt, because (a) Lowell would take one of the 12 NCAA tourney
spots, and (b) a Lowell win in the HE tourney would mean that Maine would
lose to them in the HE final or to PC in the HE semis.

The thing that impressed me about Niko's first goal was the patience he
displayed.  After his spin move left one Lowell player looking for his
jockstrap, Niko had several opportunities to shoot which he declined as he
skated to his right looking for a better opportunity.  He finally saw about 8
inches of open net at a 15 degree angle and made his shot.

I'll miss UNH at the Fleet Center.  Sure.  They must have some sort of record
for choking during the second half of the season.

One thing that amazes me about Coach Walsh is his willingness to turn
forwards into defensemen and vice versa.  Didn't A. J. Begg come to UMaine as
a forward?  And didn't Mike Schutte come as a d-man?  And haven't we seen
similar switches in past years?