ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 23:26:40 -0400
Returned from vacation yesterday (but our baggage has not - a long story),
and I was going through the archives of ME-HOCKEY.  Deron wrote about the
Blue-White game:

> While Michaud will be "the man", don't be surprised to see RPI
> transfer Brian Masotta in there for some playing time.  In Masotta's
> 20 minutes tonight, he played solid allowing one goal but making some
> quality saves.  He should be Michaud's backup.

Note that Masotta cannot be eligible to play right away because he started
the season with RPI last year.  I did notice that he was not on the roster
Deron posted, and this is likely why.

I don't know when he enrolled at Maine, but he has to sit out a year from
the time he enrolled, so if he transferred after the first semester of
1995-96, he will be eligible for the second semester this year.  He was a
sophomore last year and presumably has 2 1/2 years of eligibility remaining.

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****         Color Voice of Merrimack Hockey  WCAP 980 AM          *****