ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 02:37:15 -0400
At 8:05 AM -0500 10/18/96, MATTHEW CALDERWOOD wrote:

> I don't know when he enrolled at Maine, but he has to sit out a year from
> the time he enrolled, so if he transferred after the first semester of
> 1995-96, he will be eligible for the second semester this year.  He was a
> sophomore last year and presumably has 2 1/2 years of eligibility remaining.

> Doesn't he lose a year of eligibility, making it 1 1/2 years left?

Not unless he sat out some time while at RPI.  You get five years to play
four in the NCAA, so if Masotta began playing when he enrolled at RPI in
1994-95 as I believe he did, then even if he sits a year at Maine, he can
still complete his four seasons of play within five years.

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****         Color Voice of Merrimack Hockey  WCAP 980 AM          *****