ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:20:54 -0500
" If I were Whitehead I'd be watching Frank Doyle carefully tomorrow, if
he plays well again I'd plan to start him both nights next week and let
Howard watch next weekend.  Yeah, he's not getting a lot of help, but
he's not on top of his game right now either.  Just like when Howard
was hot I said play him, when you are cold you've got to go to the guy
who gives you the best chance to win."

I don't believe the blame lies at Jimmies feet at all, the team has played
like crap in front of him and last night was no different. The guy made a
ton of great saves but when you let UMass walk in on a regular basis it
won't matter who is in net. I question the heart of this team and its
leadership. The things Tim talks about publicly(like chipping it out, play
tough in the corners) just aren't happeneing.

 Playing Frank might be a good idea though as the team plays better in front
of him.