ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Vic Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 08:55:49 -0500
It seems obvious from all information gathered that the University compliance
system shared the responsibility for the infractions against NCAA rules.
Should we then oust every administrative and atheletic head or just burn em
all at the stake? Next, maybe we should throw out the whole football
department! Maybe, getting rid of athletics-period from the U Maine campus
will make Mr. Legislature happy!?!??! New England style vindication!! Will
Walsh's detractors continue to brew controversy even after the final decision
is handed down helping to demoralize a program already feeling institutional
and community whiplash? Let's not forget Walsh has paid with  personal and
economic hardship. I'm appalled at this reaction from a member of the state
legislature! Doesn't he have anything better to do? What's the point? In my
opinion he is further defaming his alma-mater by his lack of support.
It will be interesting to see if they  attempt to dethrone Woog here in MN.
Minnesotans are unhappy because he has never had a winning team. Walsh on the
other hand has done better, much better, putting Maine on the USA College
Hockey Road Map. So what's the fuss?? Give Walsh time behind the bench to
quell
detractors!!!!!!
Vic Price